Friday 13 July 2012

Gwyneth Paltrow's Modern Country New House

Gwyneth Paltrow's new house.

Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin 
have bought a new house
and it's the epitome of Modern Country?
Fancy a peek?
Me too....

Let's go, banjo.

The whitewashed front features a white paved driveway and low-key topiary.

The house, which must be one of the coolest in the entire world, 
cost a mere $10.45 million.

I love these floor tiles - a Modern take on a classic Country chequered floor.
...and the view from other end...

Located on the westside of Los Angeles, 
it was apparently first listed for $11.96 million.

Why did no one tell me?
I sooo would have bought this.
Yes, with the petty cash I carry round in my back pocket.

What you don't carry $12 mill as loose change too?

Look at that patchwork throw tossed oh-so-casually over the chair. So snuggly!

Would you believe this is a new-build?
It has so much character and charm,
which we saw here is possible but pretty darn hard to get right.

And now on to very probably one of the nicest kitchens 
you will ever have the pleasure of seeing....

Brace yourselves...

Black pendant  lights and cool grey paint updates this classic country kitchen.

Wooooah, right?


Gwynnie's pad is designed by architect Windsor Smith,

and is predominantly decorated in a classic Modern Country palette of white and charcoal, with plenty of natural materials.

There's plenty of space to sit down to eat...informally....

...or more formally...

Can you see how beautifully the shelves are arranged? No detail is left to chance.

Gwyneth Paltrow's new home has six bedrooms and eight bathrooms....
more than adequate for their two children: Apple and Moses.
{yes, you read me right...Apple and Moses...}

The views from every window are just lovely.


Windsor Smith has struck the balance perfectly between grand and homely.
A tricksome path to navigate.

Another seating area?
Nope, just a gorgeous Modern Country bathroom. 

The outdoor space is gorgeous too.

Can you imagine sitting out here watching the sun set over a glass of wine?

And look!
Recognise those curvy rattan chairs from here?
I love mine!!

So...what did you think of 
Gwyneth Paltrow's Modern Country house?

Is it gorgeous
or is it gorgeous?



Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





22 comments :

Full Circle Creations said...

It's gorgeous! I can't imagine spending that on a house but that's just me.

Have a great weekend.
Holly

Sonny G said...

The interior great. love the black white taupe and green tones throughout..

It sure makes me feel better about my landscaping being sparce . lol

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Love the coziness of the room with the chair and throw. The kitchen is great too. I probably would have more things in it and definitely plants. Lots of wonderful plants! Thanks for sharing. When I buy my 10 million home I will post pics on my blog;) lol
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

It is gorgeous, but somehow, it looks a little bit cold to me. I would die for that kitchen though!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Yes, it's definitely on the staged side of homely, isn't it? But I bet once two little children are running around, it'll cosy up faster than you can say "please take your sticky fingers off my antiques"!

Sarahxx

Susan T said...

I will just text Gwynnie and ask her when she would like me to house sit for her. It is beautiful but it does make me think of a film set. It is the sort of house you would have to sit around in and look effortlessly gorgeous. So spose it is just right for GP then.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Ha! I just read GP as 'doctor', rather than Gwyneth!! Was just thinking the house is probably a bit above most GPs reach!!...then the GP penny dropped!! Duh!

Sxxx

Revi said...

I love the mix of elements in this home! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)
-Revi

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Utterly gorgeous, perhaps I should write a cookbook and then I can also buy me a house like that!! Stunning interiors! Sharon:)

LindyLouMac said...

I actually think I will pass on this one. :)

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

It's got a ton of beautiful elements to it, but it does look a little cold to me too. I bet once they're settled in, it would warm up the space. It's too sterile right now, even with the quilt. I love the layout though and all the details that make it look like it has age, rather than a new build.

loveandlilac said...

It's all quite perfect but it lacks soul - to me a beautiful home is something that evolves over time. Maybe it just needs living in, get a few scuffs...

Calypso In The Country said...

Gorgeous! I love all the natural light in there. This morning the pics of the bedroom showed up on pinterest and I already re-pinned one!
-Shelley

Paula said...

I remember seeing (and lusting after!) this house in Veranda magazine last year. Each room was decorated and styled by a different famous designer - the 'stable block' was also a dining/lounge area and was simply stunning - but yes, the kitchen is just BEYOND fabulous - love it!
Paula xxx

Olive said...

Hi Sarah, I have not been by your blog in so long do forgive me. You are right that kitchen is eight kinds of wonderful. I like the zebra on the floor in the loo too. hugs, Olive

bj said...

AWWWWW SOME !!
I can't even imagine people really living like this...but, after all is said and done, the kitchen in Somethings Gotta Give is still my all time favorite. :))

www.fromnaturetohome.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely awesome house!! doesn't look that big from the first photo, love the palette of white, grey and black. Perfect for L.A. and the climate there. Don't know how you got these photos, but thanks for sharing!

Elaine said...

Gwyneth has style and grace. I really admire her. I think the home is gorgeous. Good for her, building her dream home for her family.

Ann said...

So gorgeous...
Love how classy it is,
and look at that kitchen and bathroom, so beautiful.

Stephanie said...

This would be my dream house. Unbelievably beautiful!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

The kitchen is a little busy for me ... there, now I feel better that I don't have that kind of change in my pocket. :)

Emma Kate at Paint and Style said...

I cannot bear the woman! And I like her less now I've seen her lovely home. Have you ever seen her blog? Makes me want to barf!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10