Thursday 26 June 2014

House Tour: Georgian Home..With Pops Of Colour!

If you've been looking for a house tour with pops of colour then THIS one is for you! Welcome to the Georgian home of BBC's Gabrielle Blackman; a cool neutral and grey palette provides the backdrop to accent colours of deep turquoise and splashes of yellow.

Farrow and Ball Manor House Gray and Cornforth White kitchen

For similar kitchen colours, try units in Farrow and Ball Manor House Gray and walls in Strong White 

The living room is a case in point...look at those colours!

Fired Earth Granite


I love the deep tones of the cabinet. Try Farrow and Ball Off-Black for a similar smoky softness.

Farrow and Ball Off-Black

Is this as messy as their storage gets, I wonder?!


And now upstairs to the bedrooms...

Master bedroom “Grey is a lovely neutral – it adds depth and works very well with our painted floor,”...


And here, in their daughter Cece's bedroom, is where all colour breaks loose!


And outside...just look at that beautiful wisteria!


The calming tones of the grey bring those brighter hues alive.

And, now, a question for the weekend:
{How do you use colour in your home?}



Images via Living Inside

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





4 comments :

Unknown said...

Your cabinets look fabulous!! LOVE the French Country look. How is the Annie Sloan chalk paint holding up in the kitchen? I thought about painting my daughter's bathroom cabinets with ASCP but i didn't know how it would hold up in a high moisture area. I also want to paint my dark kitchen cabinets as well and i love the fact that the only prep is to wipe down the cabinets.
tuscan-kitchen-for-warmth-impression

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics. I love the off black units in the dining area, they look so stylish against the softer coloured walls and chippy white floor.

Unknown said...

Seeing this just makes me want to redo my kitchen. I just updated it only two years ago but I want to do it again. I wish it were easy to change things around.

Alena | http://pediniseattle.com/about

Unknown said...

I also love neutral shades! Those wooden floors are adorable and the rustic vibe in all the decor pieces and furniture is just amazing. The hint of blues and splashes of colors here and there are perfect. Thank you so much for sharing the lovely pictures and inspirations! All the best!

Kristy Sanders @ CrebNow

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10